Final Paper Preparation and Copyright Signature
Please note that you should prepare a final version of the paper and submit or update it through the Learning Conference System no later than Monday, September 11, 2023.
To submit your final paper, please follow the three steps below:
(1) Prepare your final paper and verify that it is IEEE Xplore compliant.
(2) Submit your final PDF file electronically through Learning Conference System.
(3) Submit the IEEE Copyright Form through Learning Conference System.
Step 1: Prepare your final paper and verify that it is IEEE Xplore compliant.
All papers published in the Proceedings of Light Conference Week 2023 and presented at the conference will be submitted for inclusion into IEEE Xplore®. Therefore, all final paper files must adhere to the IEEE Xplore PDF specifications for compatibility.
Please use one of the approved templates provided by IEEE to prepare your final paper for submission: https://www.ieee.org/conferences/publishing/templates.html.
In order to facilitate the process of creating and verifying PDF files, we have registered for use of the tool IEEE PDF eXpress. This is a free service for IEEE conferences, allowing authors to convert their final Word or LaTeX file into an IEEE Xplore-compliant PDF or to check PDFs that authors made themselves for IEEE Xplore-compliance.
In order to verify that your final paper is IEEE Xplore-compliant, please follow the steps below.
(1) Go to the IEEE PDF eXpress (https://ieee-pdf-express.org) web site.
(2) If you already have an IEEE eXpress account (either for Light Conference Week 2023 or another conference), you can just log in using our conference ID 59639X, your email address, and password.
(3) If you are a first-time user, you can create an account on the IEEE PDF eXpress system. To do that, click on the “Create account” link. Enter the conference ID 59639X, your email address, and choose a new password. Please continue to enter information as prompted. You will then receive online email confirmation of a successful account setup. Then you can proceed to login to the IEEE eXpress system.
(4) For each Light Conference Week 2023 final paper that you want to process, please click “Create New Title” in Dashboard, enter identifying text for the paper (the paper title is recommended), and then click “Submit PDF for Checking” or “Submit Source File for Conversion”. You will then be prompted to upload your file. Click “Browse” to browse to your file and then click “Upload File”.
(5) Once the checking/conversion process is completed successfully, the account holder will receive an email with the verified or converted PDF file attached to it. This approved PDF file is labeled within its document properties as being “Certified by IEEE PDF eXpress”, with an exact date and time stamp (you can see "Certified by IEEE PDF eXpress" through File-Properties-Description in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC). This approved file and not your original upload is what you should submit to Learning Conference System as your final paper.
Step 2: Submit your final PDF file electronically through Learning Conference System.
Be sure to submit the approved final PDF file that you received via email from IEEE PDF eXpress. This approved PDF file is labeled within its document properties as being “Certified by IEEE PDF eXpress”, with an exact date and time stamp.
To submit your final PDF file electronically, please follow the steps below:
(1) Login to Learning Conference System as you did to submit the original paper.
(2) Click on “My Manuscript” in left navigation bar. Click on "Modify" in the row the manuscript you need to submit or update the final paper.
(3) Submit or update the final paper in the item of "Full-Paper Upload", please noted that the file name does not change after the upload.
(4) Ensure ALL paper authors are included on the author list.
(5) Check that all paper information in Learning Conference System matches the information on the final PDF file. Detailed information (title, abstract, etc.) that will appear in the conference proceedings will be taken from Learning Conference System and not from the submitted PDF file.
Step 3: Submit the IEEE Copyright Form through Learning Conference System.
IEEE requires that an author of every published paper sign a copyright agreement. Learning Conference System is a vendor authorized by IEEE to handle copyright agreements. To sign the agreement via Learning Conference System, you should:
(1) Login to Learning Conference System.
(2) Click on “My Manuscript” in left navigation bar.
(3) Click on “IEEE Copyright” in the row the manuscript you need to publish.
(4) Click on “Sign Now” and it will URL to the IEEE eCF System.
(5) When you finish copyright signing, please do not close the page directly. Click on “DONE” in the last page, it will skip back to the Learning Conference System and the IEEE Copyright will marked “Signed”.
Please review and update all author information in Learning Conference System prior to submitting the copyright form. The final author information for the proceedings will be pulled from Learning Conference System and not the final paper itself. The IEEE Copyright Form must also match the Learning Conference System author demographic information exactly.
NOTE: By signing the IEEE copyright form, you are affirming that the material in your paper is original and you have not previously released copyright for this paper to another party. Failure to submit the IEEE copyright form by the deadline will result in an automatic withdrawal of your paper for presentation and publication.
Please review the detailed IEEE Copyright Policy at https://www.ieee.org/publications/rights/copyright-policy.html.
The final papers will not be submitted to IEEE that with non-PDF format, no “Certified by IEEE PDF eXpress” marking and no copyright signature.
Final Paper Preparation and Copyright Signature
September 11, 2023
Paper Submission Deadline
June 20, 2023
June 30, 2023
July 5, 2023
Early-Bird Registration Deadline
July 31, 2023
International Day of Light Organizing Committee, UNESCO
Changchun Institute of Optics, Fine Mechanics and Physics (CIOMP), Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), China
The Chinese Optical Society
IEEE Photonics Society
China Science Daily, China
Light: Science & Applications, CIOMP, CAS, China
Light Advanced Manufacturing，China
Youth Innovation Promotion Association CAS, China